Home > Teaching and Learning > Science
Inquire, Inspire, Invent
Inquire, Inspire, Invent
We believe children learn best when they are inquisitive, and we want to provide our students with experiences which build on their interest and stimulate their curiosity about the environment.
As engaged learners, students need to develop their skills and attitudes necessary for scientific inquiry and to actively inquire as learners. Students will learn to appreciate how science influences people and the environment and be inspired to invent solutions to contribute to the well-being of mankind.
The students will actively participate in a range of Science activities beyond the classroom in the following programmes:
- Science Learning Festival – The festival marks the beginning of science engagement for the year whereby students get to find out more about Science via varied activities conducted.
- Recess Activities – students participate in recess activities whilst having fun learning science.
- Learning Carnival – students are given opportunities to showcase their understanding of Science concepts and experiments.
- Learning Journeys – learning of science goes beyond the classrooms
- Science Olympiad Training – students are given the opportunity to stretch their talents and learning beyond textbook
Sony Creative Science Award (SCSA) is an integral part of Science Curriculum whereby students put their understanding of Science concept into application via the making of Science toys.
Cedar Primary's commitment to the Environment
We in Cedar are committed to caring and protecting our environment by practising good and friendly green habits as responsible citizens.
- Energy Conservation: We must try our best to save electricity by all means and not waste it.
- Water Conservation: We must make a conscious effort to save every drop of water as water is very precious.
- Environmental Promotion: We must promote good green habits and make them our way of life.
- Environmental Protection: We must help to protect the environment as this is our only home.
The achievements for SCSA are:
- Merit award in the WhizKid category
- 3rd Place in the ScizKid category
- Blue Ribbon award for teacher-in-charge, Ms Natalie Chan
The achievements attained are:
- Schools Green Audit Award (Lotus Sustained Achievement Award)
- Certificate of Excellence for the Green Schools @ South East Award 2016
The Science department aims to develop Science talents by 3E Approach, Exposure, Experience and Excellence - The students are exposed in participating in school-based events such as Science Learning Fest, they will experience learning outside the classrooms via learning journeys and strive for excellence by participating in national and international competitions.
The achievement attained for ICAS Science in 2016:
- 6 Distinction awards