School Rules and Regulations
Every pupil must conduct himself/herself in a manner which upholds the good name of the school.
Proper Attire and Neat Appearance
Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
Pupils must appear neat and clean at all times.
- Boys and girls are to have short, neatly combed hair.
- Girls who keep long hair should have their hair tied or plaited neatly. Only plain black or dark blue ribbons, hair clips and hair-band can be used.
- Boys must be neat in appearance and clean-shaven. No facial hair is allowed.
Name-tags should be sewn on the edge of the pocket of the shirt for boys and the blouse for girls; and above the school badge on all T-shirts.
Pupils should wear plain white socks and low cut white canvas shoes. Socks should be visibly seen above the ankles. Ankle socks are not allowed.
Pupils are allowed to wear their PE attire to school only on their PE days or for the duration of their CCA.
Pupils are not to have tinted hair.
Pupils are not allowed to wear jewellery. Only girls are allowed to wear small ear-studs.
Pupils must not present themselves inappropriately in attire or appearance.
National Anthem and Pledge
Pupils who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Pupils will take the pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
All pupils must display respectful behaviour during the singing of the National Anthem and the recitation of the National Pledge.
Attendance and Punctuality
All pupils are expected to attend school on a daily basis.
Pupils are to be punctual for school, for all lessons and for all activities.
Pupils who are absent from school owing to illness are to present a Medical Certificate.
Pupils are not to leave the school grounds during the school day without permission.
Pupils are not to skip classes or play truant. They must not be wilfully absent from school.
All pupils are to be attentive and focused during all lessons and activities. They must not exhibit disruptive behaviour.
All pupils are to bring their study materials as instructed by the teachers.
All pupils are to complete their assignments administered by the teachers and hand them in on time.
Pupils are to put in their own effort in complete their work and are not to copy from others.
Pupils are to maintain quiet and orderliness in the school library.
Pupils must not litter.
Pupils must not mess up the toilets, canteen or any part of the school premises.
Pupils must not commit the following serious offences:
- Use of vulgar language or gestures
- Cheating during a test or examination
- Setting off of fire alarm
- Possession of weapons or weapon-like items
- Bringing of undesirable or banned items to school
- Substance abuse
- Altering or hacking of computer programs
- Surfing of undesirable websites or installation of undesirable software or programs
- Being rude, disrespectful or openly defiant to a teacher, staff member or Student Councillor
- Misbehaviour and misconduct in the neighbourhood and outside school
- Any other offence deemed serious by the School Disciplinary Board
Pupils who breach any of the above school rules will be appropriately dealt with. The consequences will be in accordance with the type and nature of the offence. The consequences may include:
- corrective work order,
- in-school suspension,
- home suspension,
- caning and
- expulsion, among other consequences deemed suitable by the School